05 September 2013 | Print page |
Location: Burnaby, BC
Seeing is believing Allied Vision Technologies (AVT) is a global company headquartered in Germany with subsidiaries in Canada, USA, and Singapore. AVT designs, produces and sells cameras and components for image processing in industrial and life science applications such as industrial automation, medical imaging and traffic monitoring. With innovative products, superior manufacturing quality and a service-driven organization, AVT is well established as a premier provider of digital camera solutions for machine vision worldwide. AVT is represented by distribution partners in more than 30 countries as well as a direct global sales force. We are looking for a full time Junior Buyer to add to the growing operations team for our factory located in Burnaby, BC.
- Generate and issue purchase orders for general office materials, using MRP software system.
- Maintain outstanding purchase orders and manage the receipt of goods, and submission of invoices for payment.
- Ensuring timely delivery of product.
- Assist other purchasing colleagues to solve potential supply problems, and communicate potential supply problems in real time.
- Resolve quality problems by acting as a facilitator between our quality personnel and suppliers.
- Create and manage item and bill of materials information
- Establish new suppliers and obtain quotes for new purchases with existing suppliers.
- Purchasing experience in a product-based business would be an asset
- Proficient with in depth use of several MRP software systems
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical ability
- Strong computer and math skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Able to coordinate effectively with others, including remote members of the worldwide purchasing team
AVT provides the opportunity to work in an exciting and growing international company. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, based on your qualifications and experience. After an intensive and well-structured onboarding we continuously invest in your career, empowering you to grow and develop.
Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining your interest to email@example.com.
[Back to overview]
Allied Vision Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to protect your privacy. Therefore, we only ask for data necessary to process your enquiry.
We only store and process your data within AVT according to German law and do not disclose them to third party without your approval.